I am SUPER HERO! Why, you might wonder? Well, I tell you why....Because I SURVIVED AML Leukemia Cancer! That's right! I did it, I beat it. I am so TOUGH! Read more about me and my new life after my battle with cancer. Right Here!

my bug tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 9, 2010

....almost done!

Friday April 2, 2010

This is the day that I get my Central Line taken out. Yep, it's time to remove it completely! This is me and my mom in the way cool hotel room we stayed in the night before. This is a picture of the last time I have to get my line flushed. We did this early in the morning, but I can't go to
the hospital until 1:00 for my little surgery today. I am so excited to be line free!


My Mom and Dad both came with me. I had to not eat anything all morning long. I have a little cold right now too and I keep coughing. My throat wanted to just have one little drink of water, but my parents wouldn't let me until after my surgery! I'm going to tell the Doctor to hurry really super fast. My nurse got me a bag of pretzels and a little bottle of water waiting for me when I got all done.


I had to wait for a little while in a room before it was my turn. We played Hide and Seek a whole bunch and I watched Garfield on the TV. I was not scared at all, just really hungry and thirsty. When it was my turn to go my Mom took me back. She held me while the Dr. put the sleeping medicine into my line. I really don't remember what happened after that. My mom told me that I made a really long sigh when I fell asleep. She said I sounded really cute.

It didn't take very long at all. When I started to wake up I didn't see my mom anywhere. I got really scared. My Dad was there to hold me, but I really wanted to see my Mom. The nurse had to page her on the loud microphone because she was upstairs visiting some of her friends. When she came down to hold me I was happy. I was kinda ornery. I don't like waking up from the anesthesia they give me. All I wanted to do was to go home. And so we did. And look at me...I'm line free!!!

They put this bandage on me and I have to keep it here for two whole days. I can't get it wet either. When I take it off then I can get it wet a little. When it is all healed up I will be able to go swimming and lay down all the way in the water when I take a bath. Yeah!

I'm getting a new puppy today. He is an English Springer Spaniel Liver and White dog. I decided to name him Fezter Wezter 2. My Dad likes the name Fez so I just made it sound cooler. He made me feel so happy today.

Today is the final day of all of my Treatment! I have to go to the Clinic at the hospital every month to get looked at and get my blood drawn.
I have to get my arm poked to get my blood drawn because I don't have my line anymore. I know it will hurt really badly because I had to do it that way before they got my line put in. I think I might cry, but I'm going to try to be brave!


I love being at my home. I get to be with my whole family. My Dad still has to work all day, but I get to play with my puppy and my sisters, Mayzi and Sunnie. We like to be together. We like to play games. I like Hide and Seek and Don't you dare get off the bed! My family is the coolest ever!


I AM A SUPER BUG!!!

2 comments:

  1. you are super Tater and we love you! Love the Fillmores

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Taylie!!! We are so happy for you!!! Love you guys ~

    ReplyDelete